Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Connecticon is here!

...why am I still awake? It's Connecticon time, I should be sleeping! Oh, well. I'll be quick here.

This year I'll be going to CTcon for all three days, and I have what I believe is a functional camera, so I'm going to try to post some pics and notes throughout the weekend. I don't have any particular goals this year... my friends aren't really around for entering the Rock Band tourney again or anything... so I'll be floating, which is, frankly, pretty awesome. I'm going to try to get a mix of experiences. I might even try out the scavenger hunt ^_^

Poor Mike's wig still makes him look a bit like a Beatle in this photo... oh, well. I still like it. It's from Anime Boston last year, but the costume is relevant... read on... ._.;

The costume situation is a little sad. My wig never arrived (I still haven't heard word about it despite sending emails... I'll provide updates on this saga for the sake of helping those of you considering making a purchase at limebarb... I'm trying not to judge, yet), so no Pokemon this time around. That was okay and planned for. I spent some time today ironing my Souseiseki costume, hemming the cape (the only thing I had time to fix on this costume for now, which is fine), and getting everything else together. I planned meticulously! I organized, as I do best! And yet, somehow dropped the ball and left the clothing parts of my costume hanging on my fridge door. Oh, my. I guess that black plastic bag made it blend in... you know, to the white fridge... >_>

Not my finest moment. >______> Uh... I blame work-related stress?

Fortunately I have some other costumes here, and for the sake of comfort and cuteness, I'm going as space commander Haruhi Suzumiya again. I really like the costume, so I'm not exactly upset about it ^_^ Look for me in red, if any one is ever at all looking for me. I don't think Kyon will be making an appearance this time around.

And, from now on, my checklist goes with me into the car for a once-over just before pulling out of the parking lot. Just in case.

I'm going to rest up for the big weekend. Hope you're doing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment