Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I just kinda wanted to make something pretty

I just kinda wanted to make something pretty. This was my first time making/wearing a corset and giant skirt, so that was fun. The underskirt and the inner parts of the sleeves are made with two different sequined fabrics, which were kind of a mess to work with (still finding sequins EVERYWHERE), though the results are nice and sparkly. The rest of the dress is silk taffeta, which I love sewing.
The wig was pretty straightforward (the New Look "Fire Red"... don't love the brand but I adore this color) though I did add most of the wefts from another wig to make it extra thick and give it more shape.
In the end, this was a little more rushed than I intended (because I was definitely not going to miss the Aquarium Night) and not quite finished, but I'm very happy with it.
It is a huge amount of fun being a pretty
Ariel from The Little Mermaid princess, so I'm sure I'll find more excuses to wear this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment