Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What got you into cosplay?

          What got you into cosplay?
Since I first saw Sailor Moon way back when I was fresh out of middle school, I wanted to make a Sailor Jupiter costume. It took until my junior year of high school to realize that people actually DID that sort of thing. Then, my friends Hil and Shel made me my Hyakurin costume. I had such a good time, and haven't looked back since.
What was your first costume and why?
My first costume was Hyakurin from Blade of the Immortal. I had just really gotten into the series and loved her character.
What is your favorite costume and why?
At the moment, Robin. I just really wanted to cosplay her after seeing some fabulous Robins at A-Cen (*coughAshleycough*) and after seeing the opening of the series a few months later, I was hooked. The reaction to the costume when I first wore it was really surprising, and quite a reward for all the work I put into the costume.
Do you have a dream costume you'd like to make?
The Angel "Just Breathe" dress from Ever After. Looking back, I think that's what may have first inspired me to start sewing.
What has been your most memorable cosplay experience?
Maybe the Fanime 2003 masquerade. I only did a walk-on, but I met a lot of awesome people backstage. The con in general was a blast, as it's where I first met a lot of my good friends, and found out about Cosplay.com.
Do you participate in masquerades?
Whenever I can. I like participating in them much more than watching them.
What was your best masquerade experience?
Anime Boston '04. Rose of Versailles. The Chicken Dance. It was a total blast and really well received. My other favorite skits include my Howl/Austin Powers dance, Vampire Hunter D/Sesame Street, Le Chevalier D'Eon/Vogue, and Pita-Ten/Chris Brown & The Muppets.
Have you won any awards for your costumes?
A couple. I think there's enough now to take me out of 'novice.' I've received some kind of recognition for Belldandy, Stifter-Vash, Lady Oscar, Robin, Saionji, D, Durand, and Misha.
Tell us a little about yourself
I do some technical work at a visual effects studio, and really love it.
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I like meeting new people and talking about costumes.
My favorite anime
Cowboy Bebop, Gunbuster (1 and 2), Escaflowne, Utena, Pita-Ten, Witch Hunter Robin, Read or Die, Trigun, Vampire Hunter D, Hellsing, everything CLAMP, all the Ghibli stuff I've seen, Sakura Taisen... it goes on, but I'll stop here.
My favorite game(s)
Disgaea, Space Channel 5, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Phoenix Wright... I don't actually play many games. I kind of suck.
My favorite book(s)
Princess Bride, Lolita, Jane Austen, Dracula, Good Omens, Hitchhiker's Guide, Song of Ice and Fire, Harry Potter, David Sedaris, Pleasure of My Company... most anything I can get my hands on, really. I'm always reading something.
My favorite character(s)
Yomiko Readman. I'm kind of exactly like that, minus the superpowers. I love tall, blonde, ass-kicking babes, too... they're lots of fun.
My favorite movies(s)
HUGE movie buff... among my favorites are Pixar movies, Hitchcock movies, Burton movies, Tarantino movies, Sophia Coppola movies, British romantic comedies, Disney... I'll watch anything.
My favorite actors/actresses
Don't so much follow people, but I will watch almost anything with Anne Hathaway for some reason I can't really explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment